Born in La Plata in 1979, Guillermo Rubino studied at the Conservatory “Gilardo Gilardi” of La Plata, graduating in 2002 as Professor of Violin. Among his instrumental teachers were Joseph Bondar, Pablo Saravia and Szymsia Bajour. Rubino was concertmaster of the Conservatory Chamber Orchestra “Gilardo Gilardi” and Academic Camerata Teatro Argentino de La Plata. He served as a substitute soloist with the Orchestra of the Teatro Argentino de La Plata and is often invited to join the Chamber Orchestra of the Municipality of La Plata. Rubino studied chamber music and violin at Tucumán and Bariloche, with the English violinist Roland Roberts and conductor Jordi Mora. He joined the Mercosur Youth Symphony Orchestra (recognized as one of the best orchestras in Latin America) toured Venezuela, Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina.
- He participated in the International Music Festival of Morelia in November 2004 with the Mayo Chamber Orchestra, with whom he was also soloist.
- In tango music Rubino has played with musicians such as Oscar Kreimer, Lalo Schifrin, León Gieco, Gerardo Gandini, Leopoldo Federico, Caetano Veloso, Bibi Ferreira, Na Ozzetti.
- Since 2005 he has been first violinist of Orquesta El Arranque, making numerous tours in Argentina and abroad and recording with the orchestra albums “Nuevos” (2008) and Leopoldo Federico & El Arranque” (2010 ).
- Since 2009 he has been first violin and director of strings at the Orquesta Escuela de Tango Emilio Balcarce, conducted by maestro Victor Lavallén
- Guillermo Rubino is part of the Quintet Schissi Diego, participating in recordings “Train” (2008) and “Tongue” (2010)
- In 2011 he was invited to record Tango Project Loca Bohemia with Maggie Ferguson, playing violin in the quartet when she played bandoneon.